Taste a glass of cider
the Mont Saint-Hilaire
For a number of years
We have been Dedicated
to teach our visitors the Cryo process
The Cidrerie Cryo is set
at the base of Mont-Saint-Hilaire
in the Richelieu Valley.
Unique Artisan Process
The Cider HouseCRYO comes from
The Cider House
The philosophy and art behind our unique products is to take advantage of the winter rigors. This allows us to produce more complex and elegant ciders, whether is ice, still or sparkling.
Established in 2007, since then Cidrerie Cryo has been considered one of the best and well known artisanal cider houses in the Montérégie area. Cryo is top rated and winner of several awards and nominations for its high quality products.
Cidrerie Cryo it's located at the base of Mont-Saint-Hilaire, a well known region for the quality of the apples that grows there. For some years we have been dedicated to make our visitors understand more and to be part of the Cryo procedures, especially during our winter harvest.
See the harvest
All of the company's products are made from apples frozen naturally (via cryoextraction) or the natural apple juice frozen outside (cryoconcentration) which it concentrates the sugar and fruit flavors. As artisan cidriculteurs all the apples are grown in our orchard. Development, pressing and bottling of the cider happens here at the Cidrerie Cryo. The entire process is under the careful supervision of Hugo Poliquin, owner and cider maker.
MI-CRYO CIDRE TRANQUILLE
Still Cider - Cryoconcentration. Presentation 500ml.
- Yellow amber.
- Caramelized apples.
- Full body, rich, apples barely harvested with a touch of bitterness at the end.
- Brunch, crepes, hardly recomended for Asian food (sweet and sour).
- McIntosh, Spartan, Golden russet, Empire.
- Temperature of service between 8- 12 °C.
- 10,8 alcohol.
RATINGS: 5 MEAN: 3.64/5.0 WEIGHTED AVG: 3.33 EST. CALORIES: 324 ABV: 10.8% www.ratebeer.com
The juice coming from a second release of the first concentration for the Ice Cider, this is fermented in stainless steel tank for 3 to 4 months. An aging on the yeast for a minimum of 4 months it brings the final touch of this unique product. The sugar and the amber color found in this product comes from the addition of 10% of Ice Cider.
CRYO MOUSSEUX Method Traditional
Sparkling Cider. Traditional Method - Presentation 750ml.
- Straw yellow.
- Apples, brioche.
- Lots of fine bubbles, volume, fresh and dry.
- Sushi, salmon tartar, ceviche and any celebration.
- McIntosh, Spartan, Empire, Golden russet.
- Temperature of service 4 °C.
- 11,5 alcohol.
- Silver Medal: Coupe des Nations 2011.
Apples harvested during the fall harvest are stored until the first frost where it will be subjected and exposed to the winter cold to be then pressed. The apple has undergone by frozen several times in his already concentrated juice.The juice must be concentrated again by the natural action of the cold. Once we have the concentrated we fermented the must in stainles steel tanks for 2 months. Then we start back a second fermentation in the bottles(Traditional Method) for 9 months to create the bubbles. The last step is the disgorging of the bottles, opening them again to remove the sediment as a result of the fermentation inside the bottle. Cryo use as the expedition liqueur his remarcable Cryo de Glace (Ice Cider).
CRYO DE GLACERead More
CRYO DE GLACE
Ice Cider - Cryoconcentration Presentation 375ml and 200ml
- Amber color with yellow reflections.
- Baked apples and spices.
- Caramelized apples, dryed apricots and honey.
- Foie gras, terrine, paté.
- McIntosh, Spartan, Empire, fall harvest.
- Temperature of service between 6 - 8 °C.
- 11,2 alcohol.
- Gold Medal: Coupe des Nations 2009. 2010.
- Silver Medal: Coupe des Nations 2012. Mondial des cidres de glace 2009.
- Mentions: Graded 5 on 5 in the book Cidres du Québec published by Modus Vivendi in 2009.
Apples harvested during the fall harvest are stored until the first frost where it will be subjected and exposed to the winter cold to be then pressed.The apple has undergone by frozen several times in his already concentrated juice.The juice must be concentrated again by the natural action of the cold. Then we release very concentrated liquid to start the fermentation at low temperature (3-4 months) in stainless steel tank. The aging continues for at least 12 months by performing the stirring of the yest regularly.
TÊTE DE CUVÉERead More
TÊTE DE CUVÉE
Ice Cider - Cryoconcentration. Presentation 375ml and 200ml.
- Dark Yellow.
- Pear, mineral, fresh apples.
- Pear, honey, longlasting taste in mouth, freshness.
- Goat cheese, Foie gras pôlé.
- Golden russet, late harvest.
- Temperature of service between 6 - 8 °C.
- 11,4 alcohol.
- Grand Gold Medal: Coupe des Nations 2012. Sélections mondiales des vins 2013.
- Golden Medal: Coupe des Nations 2010. Distinction mention: Coupe des Nations 2013.
Apples harvested during the fall harvest are stored until the first frostwhere it will be subjected and exposed to the winter cold to be then pressed. The apple has undergone by frozen several times in his already concentrated juice.The juice must be concentrated again by the natural action of the cold.Then we release very concentrated liquid to start the fermentation at low temperature (3-4 months) in stainless steel tank.The aging continues for at least 12 months by performing the stirring of the yest regularly.
Ice Cider - Cryoextraction. Presentation 375ml and 200ml.
- Orange Amber.
- Intense, caramelized fruits, apple pie.
- Litchi, passion fruit, peach.
- Blue cheese, sorbet, dryed fruits, nuts, truffes or any desert made with 85% cacao.
- Cortland, winter harvest.
- Temperature of service 6 °C.
- 11.2 alcohol.
- Gold Medal: Coupe des Nations 2010. 2011. 2013. 2015. Mondial des Cidres de glace 2012.
- Silver Medal: Mondial des cidres de glace 2014.
In the first major winter colds usually happens in January, some apples who had the courage to stay attached to the branches (only about 40% of production) are harvested at a temperatures of around -15 ° Celsius. Apples then are picked by hand to be pressed. The fruits that somehow preserved in the tree are "Baked" by the cold, making the water evaporate. Then the fruit at this stage takes an exquisite taste. This method produces a very low volume of juice. Thisjuice is then fermented at a low temperatures in stainless steel tanks for 5 months. An aging with yeast for a minimum of 12 months; just to get the full body of the product.
CRYO Product Specification Data Sheet
BEER STYLERead More
Cider cocktail. Size 500ml.
- Light yellow.
- Hops, fresh apples.
- Green apples, citric and a little bitter at the end.
- Terrace, appetizers, burger, bbq, pizza, tacos.
- Citra Cascade and chinook.
- Russet, mcintosh, empire, spartan.
- Service temperature 4 °C.
- 6.9 alcohol.
- 0 g/l. residual sugars.
Events, Press & Media
We've been featured in
Open House 2015
Mondial des cidres
Salon des Métiers d`Art Montréal
Degustation at the Cider House Boutique
Bières et saveurs de Chambly
Marché de Noël de Longueuil